Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had a perfectly functional auto answer (using Alert Info: Ring Answer) on Polycom 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.x.  After upgrading to 4.0.1b (I tried 4.0.0 and had the same issue) it doesn't work anymore.  I can't tell why, as I cannot find any relevant changes in the config files between both versions. The phone doesn't pick up by itself, it just rings and rings. 

Is there something more that needs to be done for "classic" Auto Answer to work with firmware 4.0.1b?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello David,

I overlooked the UCS 3.3.x reference but nevertheless I just tested this with the UCS 4.0.1 (4.0.1.13681) release and the 4.0.1B (4.0.1.13681) (B was released for SoundStructure and VVX500) and this is working as expected.

Using the following Configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Tue Aug 23 16:59:18 2011 -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <voIpProt>
    <voIpProt.SIP>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Auto Answer"/>
    </voIpProt.SIP>
  </voIpProt>
</polycomConfig>

The Phone rings and the Auto Answers the Call

Invite.png

Above works as designed.

Please work with your Polycom Reseller if you believe that this is a Bug. The UCS 3.3.x and earlier was maybe a bit more flexible to this sort of Alert Info but since UCS 4.0.x the Parameters need to match exactly.

Using in addition this:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="autoAnswer"  voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="answer"

just answers the call without ringing first.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

When downloading any UCS Software the following Disclaimer shows up and needs to be confirmed by the downloading user:

disclaimer.png

Above clearly mentions Configuration changes and that the Technical Bulletin 60519 “Simplified Configuration Improvements in Polycom® UC Software 3.3.0 => here <= should be consulted.

We also encourage all new users to check the FAQ and you would have found this post => here <= or in addition => here <=

I would simply advise you to check your <mac>-app.log and check for any errors of Parameters that no longer are used in the "old" Sip.cfg / phone1.cfg way and utilize the cfcUtility and test again.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I will definitely take a second look at this document just in case, but as stated auto-answer worked on UCS 3.3.2 and 3.3.4 (I tested both, and can still do so when downgrading back to 3.3.2 using the downgrader; it works every time I go back to 3.3.2), so I imagine my configuration file was correctly written.

Edit: I also looked at the log files for any errors, and I do not get any.

HP Recommended

Hello David,

I overlooked the UCS 3.3.x reference but nevertheless I just tested this with the UCS 4.0.1 (4.0.1.13681) release and the 4.0.1B (4.0.1.13681) (B was released for SoundStructure and VVX500) and this is working as expected.

Using the following Configuration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- PlcmConversionCreatedFile version=1.2 converted=Tue Aug 23 16:59:18 2011 -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">
  <voIpProt>
    <voIpProt.SIP>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Auto Answer"/>
    </voIpProt.SIP>
  </voIpProt>
</polycomConfig>

The Phone rings and the Auto Answers the Call

Invite.png

Above works as designed.

Please work with your Polycom Reseller if you believe that this is a Bug. The UCS 3.3.x and earlier was maybe a bit more flexible to this sort of Alert Info but since UCS 4.0.x the Parameters need to match exactly.

Using in addition this:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="autoAnswer"  voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="answer"

just answers the call without ringing first.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks, your SIP debug snippet from Asterisk did it.  I used Alert-Info: Auto-Answer as opposed to Alert-info: info=Auto Answer

Apparently it worked with 3.3.x, but stopped working with 4.0.1b.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did exactly as you instructed on your reply, however, I could not get intercom/paging working.   Anything I need to do for making it work? Please help.

I am running UCS 3.3.4 on 550 model with Asterisk 1.8 server.  I put sip-interop.cfg in the my <MAC>.cfg to be executed,

Thanks, Jim

HP Recommended

Hello Jhk,

I would suggest you are using a SIP Debug on the Asterisk Server to check if the Phone / Server actually receives the string.

A wireshark trace would be best so you can see and ensure you check the Phone logs for any configuration errors.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

New to the forum and custom configurations.

This is also my first rodeo into attempting to configure an IP 331 for auto answer.

How do I go about updating the sip.cfg file on the phone? I only need one unit updated for auto answer.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Ksims,

This post already explains this in detail and should be sufficient for your needs.

In addition the VoIP FAQ holds this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I was trying to det all calls to auto answer,

i was using

<voIpProt
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value=""
/>

no luck-  Any ideas? its a IP320

on VVX300

call.autoAnswer.SIP="1"

works but not on ip320...

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.