Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello SamF,

This post and the follow up references all discuss a completely different method and Parameters.

The UCS Admin Guide list:

call.autoAnswer.SIP

as follows:

VVX 1500 only. If 0, auto-answer is disabled for SIP calls. If 1, auto-answer is enabled for all SIP calls.

Above actually needs updating as it work for all VVX phones but not any of the other phones. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Correct, it works on all VVX but not on the "legacy" Polycoms.

HP Recommended

On the Polycom SoundPoint IP SIP 3.2.x we used the following alert-info header value:

Alert-Info: Ring Answer.

We set our voip.prot.sip.alertinfo.1.value="Ring Answer" and then proceeded to set the se.rt. parameters.

Steffen is indicating that the SIP header should look like:

Alert-Info: info=Auto Answer

My question is if we wish to run both SIP 3.2.x and UC phones on the same system, will the older phones support the new Alert-Info: info=value header? Can anyone confirm this? It is disappointing Polycom would cease to support something so difficult to change. Any help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello gastonxpander,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if there is some kind of miss understanding but I do not understand your reply.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above clearly explains that the voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.x.value is simply a text string and can be anything so you should see no difference between older SIP and newer UCS releases.

If this is still not clear please work with your Polycom reseller for further support.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been trying to use the auto answer feature. I am using Polycom 321's with firmware 4.1.0.85402.

I have added the following lines to my config files:

call.autoAnswer.H323="1"
call.autoAnswer.SIP="1"
call.autoAnswer.ringClass="answer"

For some reason it works intermittently, about one in a hundred calls will be auto answered.

HP Recommended

Hello The Commodore,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The last post before you replied explains in detail how to use the Auto Answer Feature.

The Parameter:

call.autoAnswer.H323="1"

as stated in the Admin Guide:

• You can use this parameter for the VVX 500, 600, and 1500. If 0, auto-answer is disabled for H.323 calls. If 1, auto-answer is enabled for all H.323 calls. 

The Parameter:

call.autoAnswer.SIP="1"

as stated in the Admin Guide:

• You can use this parameter on the VVX 500, 600, and 1500. If 0, auto-answer is disabled for SIP calls. If 1, auto-answer is enabled for all SIP calls.

So both Parameters are completely irrelevant for this type of phone.

In addition UCS 4.1.0 for the SPIP is for LYNC only. The same is applicable for UCS 4.1.1

If you use standard SIP please use UCS 4.0.7

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello,

I added:

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Auto Answer"

to my config file and it soved my issue.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

In case this ever comes up again the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains this in detail.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

FWIW, FreePBX now sends:

Alert-Info: Ring Answer

So if you are using that, then the incantation for your config file is:

<se>
    <se.rt>
      <se.rt.ringAutoAnswer se.rt.ringAutoAnswer.timeout="1" />
    </se.rt>
</se>
<voIpProt>
    <voIpProt.SIP>
        <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="ringAutoAnswer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer" />
    </voIpProt.SIP>
</voIpProt>

Note that the first bit is to set the ring before it autoanswers to 1 millisecond (essentially nothing), otherwise it rings once and then autoanswers.

Just in case anyone is trying to figure out why UC4 and FreePBX won't do Paging/Intercom any more. 

HP Recommended

Hello wpns,

as already outlined in detail in my original reply with the link to the FAQ post using a SIP Header of ringAutoAnswer already instigates that the phone would "ring" before auto answering.

Simply using autoAnswer as described in the various Admin Guides would no longer ring.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.