Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been working on some Polycom 550 IP phones for the good majoriety of the week. I can provision them just fine, call out and everything.

I've got some Cisco and Yealink phones and on both of them I have no problems making a parki lot. 2 Softkeys with 2 different lot #s (700 and 701). Pressing the softkey, while on a call, parks the call and lets anyone else pick up the call.

I'm trying to do the same thing on these Polycoms. Create 1 button that parks a call to lot 700/701 and that same button can pick up the call.

The only saw I saw doing Parking lots was to create a line key for park and a line key for retrieve. I'm trying to avoid doing two keys for one park.

Any help would be appreciated, I've done a lot of googling, read a lot of pdf files, watched several youtube videos, but have yet to find exactly what I need and am at a loss.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello EssentialKyle,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please have a look at the Engineering Advisory 62475 Using Statically Configured Busy Lamp Field with Polycom(r) SoundPoint(r) IP and VVX(r) Phones => here <=

The above describes in detail how to use one button to park and various parking slots to retrieve the call.

The implementation on our Polycom phones does not support a one button park functionality like other phone manufacturers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. It's disappointing it doesn't support 1 button park lotting but I'll try to work something out with the information you provided.

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hello EssentialKyle,

I do understand that you are disappointed but it seems that none of our other customers have ever seen the requirement to ask for this enhancement.

I am quite sure that we support features on our phones that other manufacturers do not. The easiest way for you is to work with your Polycom reseller and raise a feature request providing a business case.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've been working around with it, gave up on a softkey for parking lot and continued trying to use the line key.

Using a BLF line with the parking lot address does park and retrieve the call if I call out with the phone, but when someone calls the phone and I park it rings the call back to me.

Any idea why this might be?

This is what i have set in the config

attendant.resourceList.1.address="700"
		attendant.resourceList.2.address="701"
		attendant.resourceList.1.label="Park1"
		attendant.resourceList.2.label="Park2"
		attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"
		attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata"
HP Recommended

Hello EssentialKyle,

So far you have not provided some basic information like the software version used or the call server.

Could you please describe the call scenario in more detail and after what period of time does the call ring back on your phone?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry about that. At the moment I am testing

Phone Model SoundPoint IP 550

UC Software Version 4.0.3.7562

BootROM Software Version 5.0.3.1667

I've got two line keys created with addresses 700 and 701 (my two parking lot numbers).

When I make a call out, from the Polycom phone, I can put the answered call on either of the parks and pick them up without any issues.

Making a call to the Polycom phone, when I press my Park1/Park2 button the call re-rings the phone, instantly. The call doesn't get dropped, it just rings the Polycom phe again

HP Recommended

Hello EssentialKyle,

Have a look at the new VoIP FAQ post here:

Jun 29, 2015 Question:How can setup a Call Park Feature using an Asterisk Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I think it must be my phone. I used the same settings from your guide (minus parking lot 3 because I only have 1 and 2) on my phone but still getting a problem. 

Pressing any of the park buttons, on an inbound call, causes the call to ring back to my phone.

Parking works on outbound calls. I can park and retrieve from the same key. But still having the same problem with inbound calls. I upgraded software version to 4.1.1.0260 but at this point I'm thinking it's just the phone itself.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.3.7562 24-Sep-12 03:40 -->
<!-- Created 29-06-2015 11:42 -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
	<ALL
		attendant.ringType="1"
		bg.color.selection="2,1"
		dialplan.digitmap="x.T|*x.T|#x.T"
		dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3"
		dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling="2"
		feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
		pres.idleTimeout.offHours.enabled="0"
		pres.idleTimeout.officeHours.enabled="0"
		softkey.feature.forward="0"
		softkey.feature.newcall="0"
		tcpIpApp.sntp.address="pool.ntp.org"
		tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600"
		tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1"
	attendant.resourceList.1.address="700"
    attendant.resourceList.2.address="701"
    attendant.resourceList.1.label="PARK"
    attendant.resourceList.2.label="Park701"
    attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"
    attendant.resourceList.2.type="normal" 
	attendant.resourceList.3.address="702"
	attendant.resourceList.3.label="Park702"
	attendant.resourceList.3.type="normal"
		bg.color.bm.1.name="custom bmp url"
		dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0"
		dialplan.2.applyToCallListDial="0"
		dialplan.3.applyToCallListDial="0"
		dialplan.4.applyToCallListDial="0"
		dialplan.5.applyToCallListDial="0"
		dialplan.6.applyToCallListDial="0"
		divert.1.contact="8500"
		msg.mwi.1.callBack="{*97}"
		msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="{contact}"
		msg.mwi.1.subscribe="{1}"
		reg.1.address="123-37"
		reg.1.auth.password="password"
		reg.1.auth.userId="123-37"
		reg.1.displayName="Kyle-Poly"
		reg.1.label="Kyle-Poly"
		reg.1.outboundProxy.address="sip.nexumi.com"
		reg.1.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.2.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.3.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.4.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.5.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.6.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.1.outboundProxy.port="5060"
		reg.1.outboundProxy.transport="UDPOnly"
		reg.1.ringType="2"
		reg.2.ringType="2"
		reg.3.ringType="2"
		reg.4.ringType="2"
		reg.5.ringType="2"
		reg.6.ringType="2"
		reg.1.thirdPartyName="4500"
		softkey.1.action="$FDivert$$FSelect$$FSoftKey2$"
		softkey.1.enable="1"
		softkey.1.insert="1"
		softkey.1.label="Forward"
		softkey.1.use.active="1"
		softkey.1.use.idle="1"
		reg.1.server.1.address="sip server address"
		reg.1.server.1.expires="120"
		reg.1.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.1.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.2.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.2.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.3.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.3.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.4.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.4.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.5.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.5.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.6.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.6.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode=""
		reg.1.server.1.port="5060"
		reg.1.server.1.transport="UDPOnly"
	/>
</PHONE_CONFIG>
HP Recommended

Hello EssentialKyle,

I am not really sure what you are doing wrong as this is a pretty basic setup.

I just installed UC Software 4.0.9 which is the lastest supported SIP software for a SoundPoint IP phone on a SPIP650. 

UC Software 4.1.1 or 4.1.0 is LYNC only as clearly stated in the release notes.

Using my basic configuration from the FAQ post on an inbound call I press PARK to place the call on a Parking Slot. The phone REFERS the call to Asterisk which places it into Parking Slot 701.

Pressing 701 I can retrieve the call.

Please contact your Polycom reseller if you require further support as this is working as described.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.