Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Parking calls? Can I pick up a call on hold on another phone?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Parking calls? Can I pick up a call on hold on another phone?

Does anyone know how to pick up a call on hold on another phone set without transferring it? On previous phone systems this feature was called "park" TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Parking calls? Can I pick up a call on hold on another phone?

Hi Lindsay

What PBX are you using?

Many thanks

Dave

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Soundpoint IP 650 Phone

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi Lindsay

Thanks for the update....

By PBX i mean what phone system are you using? Asterisk? Broadsoft?  This is going to matter as different phone systems use different codes for the features incorporated within them....for example

Call Park Retrieve on a Broadsoft platform is usually *88

where as Asterisk will use #70 or #72 for call park depending again on what flavour of Asterisk you are using (trixbox/freepbx etc etc).

I would advise contacting your IT department and asking what Feature Access Code to use to retrieve parked calls - they should be best to advise you as they should know this info...

I hope this helps

Many thanks

Dave

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I'm not sure which version ww would be using. It's a small clinic and as such we don't really have an IT department. Is there any way for me to check myself?

Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi

Who looks after your phones? Do you have a helpline if anything goes wrong with your phones?  There is not really a way to check to be honest - you could try the FAC's I have said about but they may not work - then again they might do :)

There are so many PBX's it could really be abything -

Avaya is *38*NUMBER#

You could really do with contacting your support company who installed/manage your phones for you...

Many thanks

Dave

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Lindsay,

welcome to the Polycom Community. 

As Dave already replied this completely depends on the SIP PABX you are using.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post shows how Wireshark or the phone logs can be utilized in order to determine the user agent of the phone. This usually is the SIP PABX name.

As Dave already advised this is all a guessing game and you should really contact whoever installed these phones.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 7 of 7