Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was tasked with creating a call parking system in jive for my company but it has lead to nothing. I was just wondering what/if there is a call parking feature built into the phones we are using? we are using the Polycom VVX 411. Any help will be beneficial!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i was able to figure it out. the star command i needed to use was *37. now i just need to find a way to register the park feature (warm transfer to *37 and letting it give me the spot number) to a hotkey.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @B. Noel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

sorry about that. we are using version 5.4.5.9750 and SIP server.

HP Recommended

I tried doing these steps, but I only get "not a valid extension" as soon as i type the *68#...

Call Park To put a call on hold at one phone and continue the conversation from another phone, press the Hold Key then press New Call Press *68# and follow the prompts. Dial the desired extension number followed by the (#) Key. To park the call press the (#) Key. When you reach the destination of the phone where the call was parked, press *88# and follow the prompts. Enter the extention of the call destination and Press Dial

HP Recommended

i was able to figure it out. the star command i needed to use was *37. now i just need to find a way to register the park feature (warm transfer to *37 and letting it give me the spot number) to a hotkey.

HP Recommended

I have to use this same process for parking and unparking calls. I am on a couple dozen vvx 601s and am trying to get an automated process for Unparking from main screen from 102 (
which is our park orbit), and one button parking on 102 from active call screen.

So far I have tried every bundle of strings I have seen but I cannot get anything besides a park button that does nothing, and an unpark/retrieve button that only picks up if the call originiated as incoming.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Poly has released UC software since the last post, which allows for using BLF to deliver a call park string. Alternately, you can put in syntax to create a softkey which will dial the desired string to initiate the park. I am not familiar with Jive's process, but this works flawlessly with Broadworks.

ex:

<softkey softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.label="Park" softkey.1.action="*37$Tinvite$" softkey.1.precede="1" />

If you wish to have the phone enter a hardcoded extension for the parking destination, edit the action string to something like this: "*37$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$101#", which will dial the FAC for park (replace as needed; ours is *86), send the call out via consultative transfer (Invite vs Refer for Blind), and upon connection of the call, dial 101 and #.  You could also replce the Cwaitconnect command with Cpause1, Cpause2, etc, to allow for a time-based wait rather than an event-based one.  Hope this helps!!

Btw, bump the FW up to 5.9.x and use the BLF. One button Park/Retrieve. Woot!

The following example enables the new BLF Attendant action options, sets the default short-press to Park (Blind Xfer and original call initiation are still available via long-press). All that's needed to park a call is to press the desired destination's BLF key:

<attendant attendant.callAction="Park" attendant.callActionMenu.enabled="1" /><call call.parkedCallString="*86" />

You can pretty that up in your configs as you see fit.. The syntax about the ActionMenu adds a menu item in Settings > Basic to allow a user to determine default BLF action via the phone's interface. Enable or disable according to your preferences.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.