Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Password parameter in configuration file

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Collector

Password parameter in configuration file

Hi,

While using configuration files to provision the phone, Line authentication username and password is passed as plain text with the parameters,

reg.1.auth.userId="xxxx"

reg.1.auth.password="xxxx"

How can the password parameter be sent to the phone securely, as a hash or encrypted format which the phone will be able to understand?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Password parameter in configuration file

Hello asenthil,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If the phone is connected to a secure provisioning server this should not be a problem.

In addition you can encrypt the configuration files. For more details check the Admin Guide of your currently yet unknown software version.

Please contact your Polycom reseller for more details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2