Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Performance of VVX400 with flexible line key assignment

VoIPonaught
Frequent Advisor

Performance of VVX400 with flexible line key assignment

I have setup flexible line key config on a VVX 400 with a sidecar (running latest UC version   5.4.2.2834).

There are 3 multiple line keys on the phone, 6 multiple line keys on the 1st page of the sidecar and 5 line keys on the 2ns page of the sidecar.

The phone is performing slower than usual (i.e. switches longer between alerting/proceeding and active).

Once the phone even rebooted when I enabled screen capture.

Just wondering if it's my perception or we've reached some limit with 14 lines.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Performance of VVX400 with flexible line key assignment

Hello Voiponaught,

UC Software 5.4.3 is the latest supported software at time of writing this reply.

As outlined in many of my other replies something like this, especially with a reboot, needs to be brought to the attention of Polycom support.

We already had a dialog about this in another post so please proceed and work with your known reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
VoIPonaught
Frequent Advisor

The question is - how many registraions VVX400/VVX500 can actually handle without suffering performance?

I realize it should be mx 34 if there's a sidecar, but would it work perfectly in a busy environment?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Voiponaught,

there is no exact rule as it all depends if there are BLF's or Buddy watch etc.

Can you raise any issues via your Polycom reseller providing logs and traces so this can be replicated in our labs?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
absoffthewake
Advisor

I'm having the same problem

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Disussed => here <=

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6