Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I wanted to setup phones (Soundpoint IP 331) using config files from server. Most of the phones downloaded config <mac-address>-phone.cfg and work ok, while one phone can not download <mac-address>.cfg file.

1107123117|copy |3|00|Download of '0004f26a34d4.cfg' FAILED on attempt 1 (addr 1 of 1)
1107123117|copy |3|00|transport res: 78 respCode 550
1107123117|copy |3|00|transport error: Error.
1107123117|copy |3|00|transport error buffer: Error.
1107123117|copy |3|00|Update of '/ffs0/init.mac' failed, leaving local copy intact

What seems to be a problem? Config file has correct name, but still 550 resp code suggests it's either not there, or don't have some permissions. I looked it up on forum and copied 000000000000.cfg and renamed it to fit, but to no avail.

I'd be very grateful for any advice. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think i misunderstood the behaviour of the phone. As it was said in another thread http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/IP-331-keeps-rebooting/td-p/21950 - phone first search for <mac-address>.cfg, and then another files. The <mac-address>.cfg is not necessary. I my case phones are set up using <mac-address>-phone.cfg file and work ok. Phones downloaded this file and applied the settings, but ware unable to contact SIP server.

I think there was a network/firewall problem, which after many changes i can't say for sure. Now phones work fine so this thread was probably unnecessary.

Thank you for help anyway Steffen! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello pawiecki,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have you tried to open a brower and try to access the file from there ?

If it still fails it is something on your server end.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think i misunderstood the behaviour of the phone. As it was said in another thread http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/IP-331-keeps-rebooting/td-p/21950 - phone first search for <mac-address>.cfg, and then another files. The <mac-address>.cfg is not necessary. I my case phones are set up using <mac-address>-phone.cfg file and work ok. Phones downloaded this file and applied the settings, but ware unable to contact SIP server.

I think there was a network/firewall problem, which after many changes i can't say for sure. Now phones work fine so this thread was probably unnecessary.

Thank you for help anyway Steffen! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello pawiecki,

it is a bad practise to use the <mac-address>-phone.cfg to configure the phone as this is a file the phone writes to backup its own settings.

In addition since UCS 3.3.0 we also upload a  <mac-address>-web.cfg in order to separate changes made on the Web Interface in regards to changes made on the GUI of the phone.

You may want to check => here <= and => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have one polycom VVX411 phone which is not working now.

- Starting application, press Cancel to interrupt

- Waiting for network to initialize….

- Could not download 64167f282f96.cfg, using existing configuration.

And again….

This is the error coming. Could you please advise.

Regards

Nahas M S

+971561777983

HP Recommended

Hello nsalahuddin@seacormarine.com ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Our records show this VVX411 was sold via Siphon Networks Ltd back in 29/11/2017 so we assume this worked at some point.

What has changed as you did not provide the history of the device?

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / Application not Found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <= and ensure you are not using a TFTP server

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen

and

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 0004fxxxxxxx.cfg"  or "could not 6xxxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

The next step, if no other volunteer has ideas, would be to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

As the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.