Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello.

I have updated a SoundPoint IP 331 to 4.0.5.4233.

Now the phone do not look for 000000000000-directory.xml.

It look for <mac>-directory.xml, and works fine, but not 000000000000-directory.xml. 😞

000030.022|copy |*|03|Server 'xxxxxxx' said 'xxxxxxxxxxxx-directory.xml' is not present

But it not says that 000000000000-directory.xml is not present.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Saulk Ortega,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post explains that the phone will only download the 000000000000-directory.xml once on the initial provisioning.

Once this has been loaded it will no longer download this file as a local copy named <mac>-directory.xml will be stored in the phone and uploaded to the provisioning server.

Only this file is then being used and updated if any changes are made on the phone locally.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok, thanks.

HP Recommended

It would be very helpful to be able to centrally update and automatically download this global directory on reboot or at set intervals?

Is this possible to configure?

HP Recommended

Hello Sean D,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The above reply already outlines that this is working as currently designed and individual directories would be required.

Any changes to teh current software require a feature request as outlined in this FAQ post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please quote Accept 360: #63308 when working with a Polycom Sales Engineer.

You could also look at this:

• A script to automatically create this file based on a CSV file can be found => here <=

The professional solution would be to utilize a Directory server like LDAP as outlined here:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I know of no way to have the phone re-download the global directory at set intervals, but I have found that setting "dir.local.volatile" to "1" will cause it to also re-download the global directory (000000000000-directory.xml) on reboot, not just the <mac>-directory.xml.  I use this in conjunction with "dir.local.readonly" to enforce a centrally-configured directory that cannot be amended or appended to locally by users (our provisioning server doesn't allow for uploads to occur to it anyway, so probably the readonly option is redundant, but it would be confusing to users if they could add something to their local directory only to have it disappear upon reboot).

I am sure that a better option would be to configure an LDAP server with dir.corp.* parameters but we have not gotten there yet.  It's something that you might want to consider with your particular requirements, however.

-- Nathan

HP Recommended

NathanA, 

Noob question here from someone that only looks at this every six months or so.

What file and under within what element would one put these settings?

Is "dir.local.volatile" to "1" actually dir.local.volatile=1?

HP Recommended
  <dir.local dir.local.readonly="0">
      <dir.local.contacts 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum="9999"       
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP235T="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP321="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP331="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SPIP335="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SSIP5000="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SSIP6000="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.SSIP7000="99" 
       dir.local.contacts.maxNum.VVX500="500">
      </dir.local.contacts>
  </dir.local>

found in features.cfg, so i imagine i can put in phone.cfg or even an individual phones configuration.cfg file.

HP Recommended

Hello pcTechs and all,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

UC Software 5.4.0 added a new feature which now re-loads the 000000000000-directory.xml and combines it with an individual <mad>-directory.xml

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
How can we set the phones to always merge with the latest 000000000000-directory.xml file so their directories stay current? This is a huge issue because of adds and changes in the 000000000000-directory.xml file are not automatically updated to each phones <mac>-directory.xml file and merrged with each ohones favorites. Big Problem. Please advise.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.