Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Phone downgraded from UCS 4.1.1 to UCS 4.0.7 or 4.0.6 stuck in reboot loop

Occasional Advisor

Phone downgraded from UCS 4.1.1 to UCS 4.0.7 or 4.0.6 stuck in reboot loop

I went ahead and tried to go from 4.1.1 down to 4.0.6 but the phone now just reboots and reboots and reboots, it never stops.  So then I thought maybe 4.0.7 would be a better fix, but still even here the phone just reboots and reboots.  As long as i leave it at 4.1.1 then everything works fine and stops rebooting.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Phone downgraded from UCS 4.1.1 to UCS 4.0.7 or 4.0.6 stuck in reboot loop

Hello cityguru,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post from the one you replied to as they are unrelated.

Question:

• Are you using SIP or LYNC?

• Are you using any configuration Files and if so which ?

• Have you tried to factory default the phone and format the file system and then provision UCS 4.0.7?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Phone downgraded from UCS 4.1.1 to UCS 4.0.7 or 4.0.6 stuck in reboot loop

I don't recall what we did in the end but wanted to follow up
We are using SIP so we did end up recognizing that we were using the wrong version of the software for SIP

Second I believe there was an issue with tftp , we found some networks or Internet service providers seem to be blocking the transfer as we can see the request but then the transfer never occurs and the request times out. We got around this by simply installing a local tftp server on clients we find with this issue
Message 3 of 3