Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've recently moved location (and ISP) and the phone (Soundpoint IP 320 SIP) no longer loads and is unable to make / receive calls.

My new ISP is Sky and all other internet connectivity works well.

Using the handset at another location works perfectly.

I've checked with Sky that no ports, or similar, are closed.

An error that I do see is:

'Config file error

Error is 0x0"

Any help much appreciated.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

On another handset, at the same location, I get the following during the phone's booting:

"Could not contact boot server. Using existing conf.

Error loading 0004f224a8a6.cfg"

The phone then reboots and we go around in that loop.

Yours, stumped.

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

welcome to the Community.

We kindly encourage users in the FAQ to use the search function first before posting a new Issue as many questions have already been answered.

Using the forum search alone I found the answer to your second query => here <=

Searching the Admin Guide, guessing your Software Version, as advised in the FAQ I found the answer to your first query:

Config file error. Error is <Hex #>
If there is an error in the configuration file, you will not be able to reboot the phones.

You must review the provisioning server configuration, make the correction, and reapply the configuration file by restarting the phones.

This error also happens when phone does a restart (not a reboot) and finds a newer version of BootROM or application; this triggers a reboot.

Usually this error is self-recoverable.

Please utilize the Community with the FAQ and search function in order to fix your issue. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for that.

Some form of 'progress'.

The phone now boots, inasmuch as I can now dial a number which causes the recipient phone to ring.

However, when the call is answered - there's silence on both ends - the call then quits after about 5 seconds.

If a call is made to this unit, it doesn't ring and bounces to a colleage, as if it were engaged.

Anyone seen that before? (I've done a search and not seemed to find anything similar)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.