Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Phone sends wrong forwarding number upstream, it's own extension

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Phone sends wrong forwarding number upstream, it's own extension

3 months ago, a few of our clients with TW telcom stopped being able to forward their polycoms. After much effort, the TW techs say that the phone is sending it's own extension upstream, example "334".

* note, manual forward through the server without phone works perfectly.

This happened suddenly, and they have no idea how to resolve it.

Questions:

1) What is causing this?

2) How to get it resolved?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Phone sends wrong forwarding number upstream, it's own extension

Hello nosorp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

a good starting point is always:

• What Software version are you running?

• In addition have any changes been made before this issue started?

• Has a wireshark trace been taken and analyzed by the provider?

I would suggest you gather all the relevant data and escalate this via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

1) We are the reseller.

2) I came here looking for "check this setting"

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello nosorp,

you still have not provided any of the relevant information.

The only reason I could think of that would make the phone send it's own number is for the voicemail.

Can you explain a bit more in detail how they setup a call forward?

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above post shows in detail how to use the phone's logs to check this locally so your customer could verify that with their provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4