Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Phone shut down when connected to PC

Occasional Visitor

Phone shut down when connected to PC

Hello,

I'm recently use Polycom VVX 311, everytime I try to connect cables from the phone to PC to get internet connection, the phone itself shut down... I've look the instruction  /t5/image/serverpage/image-id/4670iD4CD66C77E9CF0F7/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1 and even the IT person in my office couldnt get a solution for this. Could you help please?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Phone shut down when connected to PC

Hello @Chaleed,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

To answer your actual question I have never heard of this. Can you maybe attach a video clip that shows the phone shutting down?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hi, the UC / SIP version is 5.7.0.11768

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @Chaleed,

To answer your actual question I have never heard of this. Can you maybe attach a video clip that shows the phone shutting down?

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Just like Steffen I haven't seen this before and a video would help.

* If you power the phone with an AC adapter do you still have the issue?

* Is it all phones?

* On a different network or switch do you still have the same issue?

* Is there any configuration of network or switch that allows the phone to not shut down?

Message 5 of 5