Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a few Polycom 321 and 450 SIP phones which are using a Cisco 800 series ADSL router. They get DHCP from this router. On a few occasions phone have individually unregistered. Rebooting the phone has no affect.

The only thing I have found that gets the phone working again is to clear the DHCP binding on the router then reboot the phone. The DHCP binding is still showing on the router before hand and I can see NAT translations etc on the router.

I've had no problems with other devices using the same router. Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello MTDB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage users to provide their SIP/UCS & BootROM /Updater Version in order to be able to cross check against release notes.

• Are these other devices Polycom Phones and are they running the same software Version as the ones that do not show this behavior?
  • Did you check via a spanned/mirrored Port if the Phones, after a reboot are still sending a DHCP Request?
  • Can you still access the IP Address of the Phones to get on the HTTP Interface?
  • Did you check the registration Status as shown => here <=?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.