Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Phone used with SIP today and then migrate to Skype for Business

Occasional Visitor

Phone used with SIP today and then migrate to Skype for Business

Does polycom make a phone that will work with a SIP environment today such as Avaya or Cisco, and then be able to use that same phone in the future with Skype for Business?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Phone used with SIP today and then migrate to Skype for Business

Hello @PhoneGuy21,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom phones can switch their profile from openSIP to Skype for Business or the other way around.

The only thing you need to keep in mind purchasing a non Skype for Business SKU requires to purchase a Polycom per device license in order to use with Skype for Business.

Or simply purchase the -019 SKU and the License is included and can be used with openSIP as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know

Message 3 of 4
Occasional Visitor

What type of features should I expect to get using a Polycom VVX 500 (order code ending in -019) connected SIP to an Avaya Communication Manager?

Conference?

Forward?

Transfer?

Message 4 of 4