Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing an issue where every few months the Polycom phones will unregister. Rebooting resolves the issue for half of the phones, but the other half remain unregistered. Moving the phones to a port where another phone previously registered does not work. The phones are confirmed to get an IP address each time they reboot, but the phone icon still is hollowed out and incoming calls are received nor can outgoing calls be made. I can ping the IPs of the non-working phones successfully. The only way to re-register the other half is to either clear the DHCP bindings or to statically assign a different IP address.

The phones that we have on-site are IP 501s and the Soundstation 6000s. The phones get their DHCP from our DHCP server administered via Cisco.

The phones should all be on the firmware 3.1.7.0.134.

I can still access the HTTP interface of the unregistered phones by entering in the IP address the phone has been assigned.

I am trying to figure out why I can access the phone on the HTTP interface and yet the phone is not registered as well as why the DHCP bindings need to be cleared for the phones to be able to re-register again.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @workstation,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundPoint IP 501 was discontinued and was no longer available for purchase since 08/20/2009. Support for the product ended 08/20/2014. 

For the SoundStation IP 6000 the latest supported software is UC Software 4.0.14 and support is still available.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

I suggest you upgrade the SSIP6000 and then see if the issue still happens. The SPIP501 cannot easily be troubleshoot via Web Interface logs so see if you can get any details of the SSIP6000 once upgraded.

Oct 11, 2011 Question: How can I troubleshoot configuration Issues via Log Files or the phone GUI?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.