Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My VVX500 is not getting the 000000000000-directory.xml file from the FTP server.  I know the FTP server is working as the phones are getting updated cfg files.  I have checked the following:

- Local directory on the phone shows empty

- There is mac-directory.xml on created the FTP server

- I tried reset the phone to factory default and format phone's file system

- UCS on the phone is 4.1.2

My phone has Lync profile enabled.  Will it prevent the phone from getting the xml file?  Thanks.

Shawn

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

this sounds like an issue we had a similar report already (VESC-2153 / 1-238801021).

Please raise a ticket with Polycom support and quote above reference and provide the following:

Please raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

• Wireshark Trace of the Phone booting up until issue is reproduced (if reproducible)
  • Phone Configuration files
  • -app.log and -boot.log as a complete set (via Syslog or FTP server with append allowed)

You will need the following Log Levels:

logs clist,1
logs cfg,1
logs curl,1

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

FYI, if I use FTP's IP instead of hostname, the phones are able to get the xml file.

I need to disable new message alert tone, and tried the following suggestion from another post, but it's not working.

<sound_effects>
        <patterns>
            <MISCELLANEOUS>
                <MESSAGE_WAITING
                se.pat.misc.1.name="message waiting"
              se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.type="chord"
              se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.value="0"
              se.pat.misc.1.inst.2.type="chord"
              se.pat.misc.1.inst.2.value="0"
              se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.type="chord"
              se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.value="0"/>
          </MISCELLANEOUS>
      </patterns>
   </sound_effects>

My VVX500 is running 4.1.2.

Shawn

HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

as mentioned the issue with the directory should be raised via your Polycom reseller.

In addition your new issue may be an example of pre- UCS 3.3.x Software.

Run it via the cfcUtility or check the se.pat.cat Parameter.

I am quite sure we already discussed that here in the community so the search should help or again raise it via your Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.