Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Placing a video call with VVX1500D

Occasional Visitor

Placing a video call with VVX1500D

Hello,

We have 9 Polycom VVX 1500D, and we can place video calls them in our network.

When we want to make an external video call, it does not work

We have a public IP address and is completely redirected to the address of the Polycom that we are testing.

Thank's for your help

Chris

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Placing a video call with VVX1500D

Hello Chris,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you be a bit more specific how you enabled an external IP to pass through your Firewall/Router to the VVX1500?

You need most likely to enable certain Ports like 5060 (Sip) and 2222 (RTP) and in addition some H.32 Ports if you make Video Calls either via SIP or H.323

NOTE: RTP and RTCP can use any even port between 2222 and 2269 (2317 in VVX-1500)!

The UC Software 4.0.0 Admin Guide now contains a Overview on Page 318 what Ports may be requiered => here <=.

Please liaise with your local network Administrator and possibly take a Wireshark Trace on a mirrored Port / Hub in order to check the Traffic leaving & arriving at the VVX1500.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2