Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi:

We can receive calls but cannot dial out using a Polycom 550 manually provisioned, and cannot figure out what the Poly log error we get after dialing means:

0309135211|cfg  |5|03|Prm|Parameter reg.x.outboundProxy.port requested type 0 but is of type 2
0309135211|cfg  |5|03|Prm|Parameter reg.x.outboundProxy.port requested type 0 but is of type 2

We configured the line on an IP331 and got the exact same error. Can anybody please shed some light on what the error message means and how we may be able to fix? Note that running the device thru DMZ makes no difference so we ruled out any router issues. Here are our config parameters:

Outbound Proxy parameters:

Address: sip20.ringcentral.com

Port: 5090

Transport: UDPOnly

Server 1 Parameters:

Address: sip.ringcentral.com

Port: 5060

Transport: UDPOnly

Expires: 3600

Register: Yes

Retry Timeout: 0

Retry Max Count: 3

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Wendil,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Who did you get these parameter examples from and do they work for the SPIP331 and not for the SPIP550 ?

Usually your VoIP provider should recommend their settings in order to use our phones.

As I am unaware how you provisioned these phones I suggest to follow up below.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how to upgrade the phones to the latest Software . I suggest UCS 4.0.3 Rev F or 4.1.0 as you had not mentioned your current software.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above then explains how to setup a simple SIP registration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Please be aware that you should contact your Polycom reseller directly if you require further assistance / support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, the config parameters are provided by the VOIP provider. The problem is the same on both IP331 and IP550 devices. Spoke with provider and they are saying it is a port issue. We're looking for an explanation of the type 0 vs. type 2 port per the error log.

HP Recommended

Hello Wendil,

above does not really answer my question.

• Was the phone provisioned by your VoIP provider or by yourself?
  • What is the current software Version?

Depending on your answer your Provider is maybe using the wrong configuration files.

The FAQ, as advised already, contains numerous answers and tips that can be utilized to troubleshoot issues.

The best way forward is for yourself or your VoIP provider to work with your Polycom Reseller or to follow up the advise in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.