Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Poly CCX 600 Speaker Buzz/Fuzz

UCIT
Occasional Visitor

Re: or?Re: Poly CCX 600 Speaker Buzz/Fuzz

Actually our is a little different. The speaker is very load when first making a connection takes awhile for the noise cancellation to kick in around 5-10 seconds. Then when no-one is talking the speaker picks up computer fans in the background and the speaker increases the volume to pick up this sound. Very annoying when trying to have a conversation.

Message 11 of 25
Satori
Occasional Advisor

Re: or?Re: Poly CCX 600 Speaker Buzz/Fuzz

It's actually the same issue.  Touching the phone in any manner causes the hiss and only stops after about 6 seconds of the phone being idle.  If you are in a call it happens the entire time.

Jason B.
Message 12 of 25
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Re: or?Re: Poly CCX 600 Speaker Buzz/Fuzz

Hello @UCIT 

someone in your region should contact you tomorrow.

@Satori 

I believe our NALA team is working with you.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 13 of 25
Satori
Occasional Advisor

Re: Hello Re: or?Re: Poly CCX 600 Speaker Buzz/Fuzz

Hello Steffen,

Other then the e-mail change we had, no one has reached out from NALA yet.

Jason B.
Message 14 of 25
UCIT
Occasional Visitor

Not too sure what is going on as we have done further testing and we have discovered that the problem only occurs on the latest firmware. If we force the phone back to the previous version the problem doesn’t occur. 6.2.21.1198 appears to be the problem firmware. The issue with rolling back to an older firmware is that teams keeps auto upgrading the firmware.

The fix from POLY is to RMA back all the phones. Why would we need to do this if it is a software issue?

When is the latest Firmware getting released?

Message 15 of 25
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @UCIT ,

I am pretty sure the team in APAC contacted you already.

What MAC and what Hardware Rev is on the label of the phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 16 of 25
marsian
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

are there any news on this issue? I receved a new CCX 600 today (Revision C), and the device keeps "fuzzing" all time when having a call, making it barely unusable (latest firmware is installed).

Is there a roadmap on a firmware upgrade with a fix available?

Thanks!

Message 17 of 25
SteffenBaierUK

Hello @marsian ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please contact our RMA department or Support and mention KNOVA 42744

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 18 of 25
marsian
Occasional Advisor

Hello @SteffenBaierUK,

thank you for the hint, just opened a Service Request!

Is it more likely to receive a device replacement, or is it something that will be fixed with a Firmware upgrade?

Message 19 of 25
marsian
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I just received my replacement device from Support, but unfortunately the issue remains - while having a call there's a slight "shhhhh" all the time going on. Also the Hardware Revision is still the same (A). So what else can be done - open another service request or....?

Thx

Message 20 of 25