Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm experiencing several issue in setting up a DHCP server (Win Server environment) for a Poly Trio C60 (FW 7.0.3.0233).

The device works with a manually set up address but it won't work on DHCP. When on DHCP settings, from the TCP/IP parameters menu I can see that IPv4, Gateway, DNS, domain and VLAN-ID are all correct while SUBNET MASK shows as 0.0.0.2

I believe this is due to the DHCP server OPTIONS settings. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,

Da.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @D4RIO ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It sounds like you have some obscure Option 43 set in your network (not to be mistaken with the Skype for Business Option 43) and our phone can read this and will try to interpret this.

I suggest you check here:

Aug 24, 2015 Question:What basic network data is sent and received by a Poly phone?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Use the Vendor Option and ensure this option is not sent to the Trio in your network or it will get an incorrect Subnet

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your answer but unfortunately hasn't helped at all. I went through the documentation which pointed me to "Technical Bulletin 54041" and a troubleshooting section Knova Self-Service (polycom.com). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any "Vendor Option Name" information about my Poly device which is a Poly Trio C60. Does anybody know how the windows server DHCP lease options should be set for this device? We use Server2016 edition.

Many Thanks,

Dario

HP Recommended

Hello @D4RIO ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The Vendor Option name is Poly-TrioC60

I have added the C60 to the list shared in KNOVA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.