Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have enabled the "X_InsertPrivacyHdr" option under Service Provider, ITSP Profile, SIP to inject the SIP Privacy:id header into outbound invites from the phones to the carrier. All testing and packet captures have shown that the Privacy:id header is not being injected as per the instructions in the admin manual. Is this attribute dependent on anything else being enabled first?

I have tested this on firmware v7.0.2 and v7.1.0 so at least it's consistent. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So it turns out that the "X_InsertPrivacyHdr" attribute will only work if you have enabled the "AnonymousCallEnable" attribute in the Voice Services -> SP1 Service for the individual line.

This was as I thought, that there is no mention of this dependency in the documentation. This makes it impossible to work out, so you have to purchase product support from someone or stumble across this post. I hope this post helps someone in the future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

We would need to see this raised via our support team.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@Steffen, I'm simply asking if that config parameter is dependent on another config parameter being enabled before it has an affect. If this is not the case, then something is broken and I will take it to your Australian distributor for support.

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz 

and I am simply a volunteer who explained what the official route this would have to go to be answered.

Other volunteers can reply as well but if an official answer or solution/fix is required support would need to get involved.

I assume this is a specific Australian/Telstra requirement as I have not come across this so far.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So it turns out that the "X_InsertPrivacyHdr" attribute will only work if you have enabled the "AnonymousCallEnable" attribute in the Voice Services -> SP1 Service for the individual line.

This was as I thought, that there is no mention of this dependency in the documentation. This makes it impossible to work out, so you have to purchase product support from someone or stumble across this post. I hope this post helps someone in the future.

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Support is free within the 1st year of warranty. We are all human and I am trying to find the right team to get this added to our documentation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK I was advised by Poly support that the warranty on the product was not for "config" support issues but rather just for hardware issues only. Config support is apparently an additional cost when purchasing the product.

Anyway if the documentation can be more detailed then it will save the 2 weeks it took to finally get an answer via the Distributor from Poly support. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz ,

I am based in EMEA and things may be different there but I assume you should receive the same service in APAC.

The documentation will never be perfect for everybody so I cannot comment any further on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.