Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi I have recieved new Polycom CX5000  , i removed the old unit and plug it the new one  but i got a problem .

The new unit is not not connecting to voice VLAN any reason  ? 

i have no idea at the moment why ? 

Regards, 

Zak 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Are these new Units are only design for Analog phone no Voip ? 

HP Recommended

Hello zakhan_aus,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You can find the datasheet explaining the functionality of the CX5000 => here <=

The Unit requires a PC with LYNC client installed and in addition can utilze an analog landline.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

Whats the use of network connection in this device ?

thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello sakhan_aus,

please check for example the deployment guide => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

i have plugged in the Analog line and it works perfect but after 10 minutes the phone ring once. 

no idea why ? 

can you please tell me what can be the reason of this ringing?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello zakhan_aus,

• was this a one off ringing or does this keep happening? 
  • Did anyone call this line and does this happen if you connect this line to an analog phone?
  • Have you contacted your Polycom reseller yet who is responsible providing support for you?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

• was this a one off ringing or does this keep happening?   Keep happening almost after every 10 minutes rings once.

• Did anyone call this line and does this happen if you connect this line to an analog phone? No - not happening with Analog phone , Only happening with Polycomm.

• Have you contacted your Polycom reseller yet who is responsible providing support for you? i will once i track out the issue.
HP Recommended

Hello zakhan_aus,

From the release notes => here <=

Polycom CX5000 device may ring when an analog PSTN phone line is plugged in for the first timeIssue:

If you have already powered up the Polycom CX5000 device, after plugging an analog PSTN line into the Polycom CX5000 power data box for the first time, the Polycom CX5000 device may ring for approximately 2-4 seconds. This is not an incoming call and does not affect the performance of the Polycom CX5000 device.

Workaround: None.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi,

for the first time is not a problem but its keeping hapening .

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.