Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Login to Soundpoint IP 330 phone from web browser.  Go to SIP or Lines tab, enter a value and click "Submit".  It says "Applying Changes".  Wait a couple minutes and come back, the entered new value wasn't taken, still retained the old value.  It looks like "Submit" button can't make any change.  None of the values can be changed with "Submit" button.  What could happen to the web admin page?  I think I logged in with administrator previlege password.

thanks,

dc

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello vokocomm,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to post the currently used software version.

If you are using a software prior to UCS 3.3.0 this sometimes happened.

In addition if parameters where added via the phone gui they have a higher precedence than settings made via the web interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen

Here is the version number, and it is after USC3.3.0.  Any other thoughts that phone doesn't take "Submit" button?  Thanks.

Phone Model     SoundPoint IP 330
Part Number     2345-12200-001 Rev. 1
IP Address     192.168.1.16
SIP Software Version     3.3.4.0085
BootROM Software Version     4.3.1.0440

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello vokocomm,

In addition if parameters where added via the phone gui they have a higher precedence than settings made via the web interface.

I already replied above.

You can in addition always upload the current configuration via the Administration phone gui to the provisioning server.

For any further support please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I pointed Server Address to <removed by mod> and reboot Polycom IP330 phone.  I can go to admin page to enter SIP un/pw and phone registered ok.  But, I then go to General=>Time and enter -6 for GMT offset.  Click "Submit", it says "Applying" and Configuration Updated.  But phone display still displays GMT time.  It didn't take -6 offset.  Any reason why GMT offset not take effect?

Here is phone info:

Phone Model SoundPoint IP 330

Part Number 2345-12200-001 Rev. 1

MAC Address  

IP Address 192.168.1.15

SIP Software Version 3.3.2.0413

BootROM Software Version 4.3.1.0440

HP Recommended

Hello vokocomm,

I have removed the Polycom provisioning server reference as this is hosted for Polycom support customers only and has not got the bandwidth to host large requests.

In addition I would always use the latest software, in your case UCS 3.3.5

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 28, 2013 QuestionTime and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Your issue may be caused by the DHCP server supplying an offset.

You may want to use the above FAQ article to troubleshoot your issue via the log files or if unsuccessful contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom reseller for further support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi,

For me, I have to set this value to 1 in my ma-phone.cfg file to allow GMT -6 offset work.  Otherwise, web admin change doesn't take effect.

tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1"

HP Recommended

Hi vokocomm.

Can you please advise where I can find the ma-phone.cfg file. 

In our office we have 20 Polycom IP 330 phones and roughly half of them are displaying the correct time which are set from the web interface. The web admin change is not taking effect from the phones that are not working. 

Martin. 

HP Recommended

Martin,

ma-phone.cfg file is really <MACaddress>-phone.cfg, for example, 005f3376BC-phone.cfg.  That is MAC address for your Polycom phone.  Do you see a similar file on your provisioning server folder that Polycom phone will retrieve config data from?  On there, you should have sip.ld and other related bootable files too.  Some people use Polycom's template file to mannually make their own MAC-phone.cfg file.  Some provisioning server can produce one for you. 

http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_p...

The following is section related to time zone setting in our [MAC]-phone.cfg file. This sets our phone to US Central time.

<SNTP tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400" tcpIpApp.sntp.address="clock.via.net" tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0" />

**bleep** Cai

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.