Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Have Polycom 331 that have not been updated for 3 years. Trying to upgrade them for new 3CX server we are setting up loaded nex files to phone and it say image not compatible with phone. Any ideas or help would be great

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

try Filezilla FTP server as I had some issues in the past with Solarwinds.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello Snuff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest you liaise with 3CX to check what kind of Software they are using to provision our phones.

The SPIP331 is compatible with SIP or UCS Software Versions.

If upgraded to UCS 4.x.x a certain method must be used. This is described when downloading the Software from our support page and in addition in the VoIP FAQ.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

At this time I am just using SolarWinds TFTP Server to update the phone. Just trying it on one to start out with before I do it to all. Becuase 3CX says they need to be updated to work on that system. They where origanly on Fonality.

HP Recommended

Hello,

try Filezilla FTP server as I had some issues in the past with Solarwinds.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello.

I put in the TFTP all files from SoundPoint_IP_BootROM_4_4_0_Upgrader_release_sig and Polycom_UC_Software_4_0_7_release_sig_combined.

But, the phone say "image is not compatible with the phone". In About menu the Revision is 4.4.0.0080 26-Jul-11 13:35

HP Recommended

Hello Saul,

Can you try FTP instead of TFTP s already advised the previous poster?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Saul,

Can you try FTP instead of TFTP s already advised the previous poster?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Done.

With FTP occurs the same.

Look the video attatchment.

HP Recommended

in the mac-boot.log, I see it:

000021.380|cfg  |*|00|Prov|Starting to update 2345-12365-001.2345-12670-001.bootrom.ld
000021.405|copy |3|00|'ftp://root:****@192.168.125.2/2345-12365-001.2345-12670-001.bootrom.ld' from '192.168.125.2'
000027.300|copy |3|00|Download of '2345-12365-001.2345-12670-001.bootrom.ld' FAILED on attempt 1 (addr 1 of 1)

I dont understand. Why the phone is searching for 2345-12365-001.2345-12670-001.bootrom.ld? It should not be 2345-12365-001-001.bootrom.ld (SPIP 331)?

In the mac.cfg there are APP_FILE_PATH="2345-12365-001.bootrom.ld"

It worked when I deleted the themac.cfg.

So, How can I configure the mac.cfg? It is that I have now:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
     <APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="2345-12670-001.bootrom.ld" CONFIG_FILES="0004f2a66a19reg.cfg, server.cfg, sip.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="/polycom/logs/" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="/polycom/overrides/" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="/polycom/contacts/"/>

What is wrong?

HP Recommended

Hello Saul,

you do not need to touch any files as the phone would load a standard 000000000000.cfg and knows what files it requires.

The standard 000000000000.cfg looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- For information on configuring Polycom VoIP phones please refer to the -->
<!-- Configuration File Management white paper available from: -->
<!-- http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_phones.pdf -->
<!-- $RCSfile$ $Revision: 155255 $ -->
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="" USER_PROFILES_DIRECTORY="" CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="">
<APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP301 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP301="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP301="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP320 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP320="sip_335.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP320=""/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP330 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP330="sip_335.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP330=""/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP430 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP430="sip_327.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP430="phone1_327.cfg, sip_327.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP501 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP501="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP501="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP600 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP600="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP600="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SPIP601 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP601="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP601="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
<APPLICATION_SSIP4000 APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP4000="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SSIP4000="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg"/>
</APPLICATION>

The lower section in this one (from UCS 4.0.7) covers the legacy phones that are not compatible with the Software Release.

The section important to your phone is:

<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" 

The above is sufficient to load the correct sip.ld file or partnumber.sip.ld

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.