Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

We just purchased the polycom Soundpoint 331for about 85 staff on 3 floors. We use our phones for paging staff for customers that show up. We found out that they are not getting the pages when they are on the phones. This is very important that they hear pages at all times. Is there anyway to make these or any IP phones to page through the phone at the same time they are speaking on the phone. Our old phone system had that ability. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello trigirl50,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure to always consult the UCS Admin Guide (4.0.1 Page 472)

ptt.allowOffHookPages="1"

If 0, PTT broadcasts will not play out on the handset during an active call — except for Priority and Emergency pages. If 1, PTT broadcasts will play out on the handset during an active call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response. I, am not the phone expert here so I really didn't know about the Guides you suggested. I emailed our technician who had done all the background work on the phones and  doing the install, here is what he said.

Bryan said:

I do have the the UCS admin guide for 4.0.1.  The problem is we are running 3.2.4 and 3.3.0.  4.0.x currently has no support in sipXecs.  that config option does not appear to be available in 3.24 or 3.3.0.  I haven't tried setting that in a config for the older version yet since it is not in the admin guide for those.  I will get all the guides in google docs today.  In 4.0.x they add support for the polycoms to do their own paging by sending out a multicast message on the network. 

Can the older firmware on the phones support the multicast calling and the setting of the config that you suggested? Should we upgrade the firmware?

Thanks so much

Trigirl50

HP Recommended

Hello trigirl50,

your technical support contact is correct. PTT / Paging was added in UCS 4.0.0 and is not backwards compatible.

I can only assume that by page they utilize a SIP header and Auto answer.

This would not work whilst in a call.

Please liaise with your support contact to either upgrade the Handset's or you can unfortunately not use this functionality.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks so very much. I was afraid of that. Our only option is to upgrade the firmware because paging is critical to what we do here. You have been very helpful and knowledgeable. I hope that it is not a difficult process, my staff has been through a lot with this.

Thanks

Trigirl50

HP Recommended

Hello trigirl,

you will have to work with your support team on this as the PTT as implemented in UCS 4.0.0 or greater is a standalone facility that does not interact with the SIP server at all.

You can add groups etc. and page multiple phones etc. This is all described in the UCS admin guide.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.