Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom 331

Highlighted
Visitor

Polycom 331

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a issue with my Polycom 331, when I try to provision it I can't, this is what happens: 1. Press Menu 2. Settings 3. Advanced 4. enter password, but after I enter my password then it only gives me (2) choices?

1. change user p/w and choice

2. reset phone?

It dose not give me the choice for admin settings? Can someone please help me, I've been trying everything. Any ideas? I need to provision this phone, but if I cant get to admin settings I can't!

Thank you everybody in advance.

Rene Anthony

I added some pictures of the choices it gives me.

3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom 331

Hello ReneAnthony,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only assume (as you have not mentioned what Password you have used) that you used the 123 User Password.

The Admin Password is 456.

Another Option would be (again assuming as you have not provided more data) that possibly you VoIP Provider has changed the User Password into 456 and therefore only giving you access to the User Menu and changed the Admin Password to something only they are aware off.

In this case please contact your service provider as Polycom does not publicly discuss how to reset the Admin Password in this community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, I purchased the phones off ebay, and I did use the 123 password, only because the 456 password did not work? So how do I fix this issue? I've spent alot of money on these phones, I chose polycom because I liked the way they work, and I hope I did'nt make a huge mistake? Can you please help me resolve this issue, and tell me what choices I have. Thank you in Advance.

Rene Anthony

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Rene,

as described above Polycom does not publicly disclose within this community how to reset the phone back to the Factory Default Password of 456. Due us as a manufacturer working with service providers we need to ensure that their investment is protected as they often provide phones for free during a subscription period for their services.

The seller of the Phone should be able to tell you.

If this is not an option for you feel free to contact Polycom Support directly but you will be charged a PPI (PayPerIncident) fee.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4