Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a issue with my Polycom 331, when I try to provision it I can't, this is what happens: 1. Press Menu 2. Settings 3. Advanced 4. enter password, but after I enter my password then it only gives me (2) choices?

1. change user p/w and choice

2. reset phone?

It dose not give me the choice for admin settings? Can someone please help me, I've been trying everything. Any ideas? I need to provision this phone, but if I cant get to admin settings I can't!

Thank you everybody in advance.

Rene Anthony

I added some pictures of the choices it gives me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello ReneAnthony,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only assume (as you have not mentioned what Password you have used) that you used the 123 User Password.

The Admin Password is 456.

Another Option would be (again assuming as you have not provided more data) that possibly you VoIP Provider has changed the User Password into 456 and therefore only giving you access to the User Menu and changed the Admin Password to something only they are aware off.

In this case please contact your service provider as Polycom does not publicly discuss how to reset the Admin Password in this community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, I purchased the phones off ebay, and I did use the 123 password, only because the 456 password did not work? So how do I fix this issue? I've spent alot of money on these phones, I chose polycom because I liked the way they work, and I hope I did'nt make a huge mistake? Can you please help me resolve this issue, and tell me what choices I have. Thank you in Advance.

Rene Anthony

HP Recommended

Hello Rene,

as described above Polycom does not publicly disclose within this community how to reset the phone back to the Factory Default Password of 456. Due us as a manufacturer working with service providers we need to ensure that their investment is protected as they often provide phones for free during a subscription period for their services.

The seller of the Phone should be able to tell you.

If this is not an option for you feel free to contact Polycom Support directly but you will be charged a PPI (PayPerIncident) fee.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.