Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom 335 - Change Line 2 to messages

reviewgo
Occasional Visitor

Polycom 335 - Change Line 2 to messages

I don't have a provider that is providing support anymore and was told by Polycom support to come on here.  I have a new Polycom 335 and it currently is configured to have Line 1 and Line 2.  I know you can change Line 2 and reconfigure it to be Messages.

My provider is Bandwidth.com/Phonebooth.  How do I go about changing Line 2 to Messages.  I am pretty techinical but need it run through step by step or showed to me.

Thanks for helping.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom 335 - Change Line 2 to messages

Hello reviewgo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of an Hardware Button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition you can find this document => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
reviewgo
Occasional Visitor

This is great but I have no idea how to do any of this or what this even means.

Message 3 of 5
Squigley
Valued Contributor

Add the following to the config file for the phones:

key.SPIP335.10.function.prim="*98"
feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

This will reconfigure the Line 2 key to dial *98.

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello reviewgo,

I have updated the FAQ for Option 5 and added 2 example files which can be unzipped and then imported via the Web Interface.

The FAQ and all linked FAQ's contains all the information. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5