Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom 335 False Message Waiting Indicator

CAdams
Occasional Visitor

Polycom 335 False Message Waiting Indicator

I currently have a phone that is showing it has 3 messages on it even with the phone not provisioned.

Has anyone had this issue before, if so, how do I get the phone to stop blinking without turning off the MWI option.

Any help would be great!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom 335 False Message Waiting Indicator

Hello CAdams,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You would need to send a SIP Notify with a MWI off message to the Phone to reset the counter.

I have not played with this myself in order to check if a format file system would remove this as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
CAdams
Occasional Visitor

What is the best way to send a SIP Notify to an individual phone?

We are just 2 months into this using Interactive Intelligence and I only currently have access to the Interaction Administrator portion as of right now.

Message 3 of 6
Nobin Radiance
Advisor

Hi Stefan. Could you advice how to turn of MWL for Polycom Phone (VVX 500 / 600)

" SIP Notify with a MWI off"

I wish to know what are methods to send MWL Off to phone.?

thanks!

Message 4 of 6
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Nobin Radiance,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains in the troubleshooting 4 section how the MWI works.

There should be some SIP scripts out in the open that can send that kind of message.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 6
Nobin Radiance
Advisor

Thanks Steffen for routing to correct forum.

I shall try that.

Message 6 of 6