Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom 335 PoE not working

Occasional Visitor

Polycom 335 PoE not working

The Phone was orgianly out of our office in a remote location, but we just brought back on site.   When I puged it in, our PoE switch should have powered the phone up, as it was for the phone that I unplugged right before hand, but it did not.  I had to get one of the power boxes out and use that to power up the phone.  In all other functions i have tested the phone work as it is designed, i am able to use it to make call and reieve calls.

Is there any way that the PoE setting can become disabled on the phone? 

Is there any way to fix this problem, other then call the seller and seeing if they will replace the phone?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom 335 PoE not working

Hello aburnette,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not aware of a way to disable the PoE functionality on the phone.

Has this phone ever worked on a PoE switch and have you tested your switch with another Phone?

If yes then I can only assume the unit is defective.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2