Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a local SIP server on my home LAN, using 3CX.

Outbound and inbound calls to and from my Polycom 335 and VVX 410 endpoints on my internal LAN work great.

Outbound calls from my Polycom 335 and VVX 410 using sip2sip.info to endpoints outside my LAN, i.e., over the Internet, allow my friend's Polycom 335 to ring, and he can answer, and we can speak.

On both the Polycom 335 and my Polycom VVX 410, when my friend calls me, my phone rings, but I cannot answer the call. 

If I pick up the handset on the 335/410, nothing happens.

If I push the "Answer" button, it keeps ringing, no matter how many times I press the answer button.

I put my 335 and 410 in the DMZ on my router, and no change.

I pulled out a Snom 300 and it rings and allows me to answer without issue.

I am convinced it is a setting on the phone, and it is something simple but crucial that I am missing.

Please, can you help?

Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello LEDAdd1ct,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We would require a wireshark trace to troubleshoot this but for myself this would be outside the scope as a Polycom employee within this free community.

You could work with your Polycom reseller to open a support ticket or post a wireshark trace and await community members to look at it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Mr. Baier, thank you very much for your reply.

To the best of my knowledge, I do not have a Polycom reseller to contact.

I would, however, like to get this issue resolved, and I do believe, as you suggest, that coming to a resolution on a public forum is an excellent method, as you suggest, to help others.

I have found over the years that someone taking the time to posit a question publicly does a great deal of good towards helping other people with similar issues.

(see here)

I would be happy to download Wireshark and do some packet capturing.

Do I need to point it at the Polycom's IP address, or, simply let it sit on my LAN and gobble up whatever it finds when my friend calls me?

EDIT:  I figured out how to pull up the Polycom log right on my phone's web server, so I don't think I should need Wireshark.  I just need to reboot, have my friend call me, and then paste the log here, correct?

HP Recommended

Hello LEDAdd1ct,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition you can use:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I capture the network traffic of the phone remotely?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The Web Server log is not sufficient as it only buffers a small amount of data so please use both above post's.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I understand that I need to change the parameters as seen here:

<capture diags.pcap.enabled="1"  diags.pcap.remote.enabled="1" />

What is the simplest way to do this?

Can you paste here a sample "config" file which I can upload through here...?

Upload Config

HP Recommended

Hello LEDAdd1ct,

an example is attached to the post.

Your Polycom reseller, aka the person who sold the phones to you, should be consulted for any support related questions.

They are also able to open a ticket with our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Mr. Baier, thank you for your continued help.

1)  I do not have a Polycom reseller.  I purchased a few phones from a company liquidating their assets.  I am not a "big fish" company, just a computer hobbyist looking for some help.

So that route does not help.

2)  I do not see an example attached to your post. 

HP Recommended

Hello LEDAdd1ct,

The :

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I capture the network traffic of the phone remotely?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

contains:

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Excellent.

I uploaded the config file through the web interface.

I will set up Wireshack and configure as directed later this evening,

and invite my friend to call me later tonight and post the report.  🙂

HP Recommended

Okay, here is the screenshot of the capture.

Is there a way I can post the image directly to this thread?

That would be pretty nifty!

I am pretty sure the important bit is where it says "Port Unreachable."

Link

192.168.1.106  = IP address of my Polycom VVX 410

85.17.186.7       = IP address of proxy.sipthor.net

I am guessing one of the following...?

1)  There is a NAT traversal problem.

2)  There is a problem with my router getting the packet to my phone.

3)  I need to configure something in my phone to tell it which port to use.

The thing is, my softphones and my Snom 300 all receive calls perfectly. 

My router is an older model, but it works well in almost every regard.

1)  Would a newer router make this problem "go away"....?

2)  Is it definitely a router issue?

3)  Or, is there a setting on my phone I need to tweak/change?

4)  Or is it something else altogether?

~Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.