Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I am writing here as a last bastion of support.  We're in the process of using Intrado for E911, and we need to complete the following test:

1.) Ring from the handset for greater than 60 seconds.

On our current setup, running asterisk 1.8.26.1, we currently cannot perform this operation with our handsets.  We were using Sip version 3.14, also upgrading our handset to version 3.18.  What happens is after the call is initiated and is setup, 60 seconds later the call is killed. 

I've scoured through several help topics online, one of which here: http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/911-calls-dropped-at-60-seconds/td-p/3797

suggests to change the "call.offeringTimeOut="0", which should make the call ring for an infinite duration.  However, this still did not fix the issue.  I ensured the phone was rebooted, and it did pull the new config file.  

My final stages of troubleshooting I wanted to see if this was a handset issue at this point, or if it was the Asterisk box itself.  I installed a softphone on my desktop (Zoiper), I was able to successfully ring outbound for the required time allotment of longer than 60 seconds.  I confirmed this by performing a secondary test. 

My question I have for the community is this:  I understand these are legacy handsets, however, is there something else in which I can do to get this to work?  Otherwise, we will need to upgrade our handsets. Secondly, if we must upgrade our handsets, are there any polycom models which will be able to ring outbound longer than 60 seconds?

Thanks,

Nate

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We went through this a couple of years ago while doing Interop with Intrado. I set "<call call.ringBackTimeOut="180" />" in our configuration and this did what we needed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.