Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI Polycom:

I have done everyting related to this error message.  The phone has been trying to reboot and is stuck in a never ending loop since Monday AM.  Nextiva provided little to no help on resolving this issue and directed my to Polycom.

I have checked the settings and the boot rom, per the recommendtions on this site, but have been unable to resolve the issue.

Can someone please provide some assistance?

Thanks in advance.

Just so you know, I have ready many of the other cases and tried the recommended solutions, but to no avail.

j

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I would love to provide the SW version for my phone, however, due to the error message, I cannot get to the Menu option at all.

HP Recommended

Hello jjohnson985,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Thanks for at least following up on the FAQ and the issue you describe is quite a common error as can be seen => here <= and => here <= and simply means the phone cannot load it's Software.

Just follow the first Post in the FAQ regarding Provisioning.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Morning.  I must be the a little dense this morning.  But the provisioning didn't work for the 550.  Still stuck in the neverending reboot cycle.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

I am getting the could not contact boot server error as well.  I do see the SW as Rev 3.2.2 during the reboot process.

HP Recommended

Hello,

without seeing a Log (what is really outside the scope of this community) or a Wireshark Trace showing that the Phone actually tried to connect to a Server there is little we can do.

What kind of provisioning Server have you got and is the Network Settings on the DHCP Side providing the IP / Hostname of the Server or do you specify a static entry and is there no firewall / subnet / vlan restriction that prevents the phone from communicating?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no firewall on this line with the phone.  It is dedicated.  Everything was working AOK until Monday morning.  The phone just started recycling over and over again about 6AM.  This has happened before, but after 1-2 days it corrected itself.

I also tried to restore the factory settings using 468* but that doesn't work either.  Any suggestions at this point are very welcome

HP Recommended

The factory reset will only reset the Network Settings and only works if pressed when the 10 Seconds countdown appears.

As previosely said without a Wireshark log of a spanned port to see the activity coming out of the Phone troubleshooting will not be possible.

Please work with your Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom Support via PPI (Pay per Incident) .

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ok, so how does one do a Wireshark log?  and what can I provide to help resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

Hello,

have a look => here <=

Wireshark is a 3rd Party Freeware Tool to sniff Network Traffic and your IT team should be very familiar with spanned / mirrored Ports. A hub can also be used in a worst case scenario if the Phone has external Power.

This trace, once captured can the be forwarded to your Polycom Reseller / Polycom Support (PPI) to check if the phone can actually communicate with the Network.

It could be something as simple as the Network Cable or the Network Port , but you have to check this yourselves on your end.

The Community is not a replacement for the normal Polycom Support Process and you will need to liaise as advised as this is outside the scope of this open community.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

You might try reloading the firmware using Polycom's firmware update site.  See instuctions on the following site.

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Please note that this would essentially wipe the phone so you would need to reprogram/reprovision it once the update is complete but I would say that you are going to end up doing that any way go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.