Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an IP 550 for use at my desk and the LEDs for the Headset, SPeakerphone, and Mute button are not working. If I run a hardware test on the LEDs they come on there but not when in use. I enter a number, press the headset key for example, and the call will dial and connect, but the LED will not come on. I've verified with my phone suppport that there is nothing in the phone conifig on our PBX that is disabling the LEDs as we have numerous Polycom 550s that have working LEDs. Is there a setting on the phone itself I need to enable to get these working? If need be I can post our phone config when they contact the PBX for provisioning. Please advise.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello JohnQMT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

There have been similar posts in the past so it may be useful if you provide the details from the label on the back of the phone aka starting with 0004 and the date shown.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Label: SIP

Version: 4.0.5.4233

BootBlock: 3.0.2.0024(12500-001)

Updater: 5.0.5.2324

All of our 100+ Polycom phones run this exact version of software

I have tested two phones at my location (both 550s with the same version software)

Issue still persists

I am just wondering if there is a setting on the phone itself that I need to enable or if there is something we might need to add to the servers config that it pushes to enable these lights

As before if need be I can post our config we use for our phones if you would like to double-check to make sure we are not missing something

Thank you

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

There have been similar posts in the past so it may be useful if you provide the details from the label on the back of the phone aka starting with 0004 and the date shown.

Could you please provide this answer with all details on this label ?

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Model: SoundPoint IP 550

MAC address: 0004F2259351

There is no date listed on the back of the phone to show manufacturer date

I also searched the forums for the topic I have started and in the few I looked at there was never any resolution to the issue

I have taken a picture of the label on th eback and can upload this if need be

The other label only has the MAC address, country of manufacturer, but no actualdate of manufacturer

HP Recommended

Hello JohnQMT,

the label with the country should also show a YYYYMMDD and a Rev.

A photo would be ideal.

The biggest issue is users posting something in here but never following this up via the official channels. This does us, as a manufacturer, not allow to follow this up and verify the claim and provide a potential fix.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.