Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am a owner of a business center.

I have  polycome 550( 200 telephones) in my business center.

Everyhing is okay although it is kinda difficult, but all telephones have the same problem.

Calling problem.

Some callings are okay, but some destination numbers, I cannot call with 550.

It doens't ring, and at some point the reciver get the phone call, but I cannot hear.

Not only me, but tried almost 100 telephones, but the same result.

What is the problem with 550?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Mingeon Kim,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition these are just outgoing calls?

If this is just certain numbers and all other outgoing calls are fine then I would guess your service provider is at fault.

Please follow this up with them?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the kind reply.

1. I am currently using polycom 550, and for the software, frsip(deltapath).

2. Just outgoing calls(certain numbers)

I tried to find this problem but I was not able to have right answers for me.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

Hello Mingeon Kim,

Apart that you still have not told us what software version these phones are running I am still convinced that this is not a Polycom Problem.

NEXT ACTION: Please contact whoever setup this for you and work with them

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Frsip 3.1.3 version.

Thank you~!

HP Recommended

Hello Mingeon Kim,

for the last time. We are not interested what your calling platforms software version is. 

We need to know your Phone's software version:

Software Version

Press Menu Key => select Status => select Platform => select Application => select Main (shows SIP/UCS Version)

Please provide the above but keep in mind that your SIP Provider most likely routes the calls via some obscure trunks.

The Phone itself is working as it should.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes, I found the version

Label: sip

Version: 4.0.5.4853

P/N: 3150-11530-405

Thank you for assisting me.

HP Recommended

Hello Mingeon Kim,

apart that you are running an unsupported firmware as you should be running UC Software 4.0.11 instead you MUST contact whoever set this up for you or provides this service for you.

NEXT ACTION: Please contact whoever setup this for you and work with them

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi, again

I call the Korea polycom vender and I was asked to upgrade the telephone.

I tried,, althought it was hard.

I finally ugrade to 4.0.10.

The problem has risen again.

When I connect phone to my server(Frsip), the phone downgraded again(to 4.0.5).

Does Polycom 550 has the function that blocks the downgrade?

Thank you,

I use FRSIP for the PBX.

Currently using 4.0.5.

Mac starts 0004F25

HP Recommended

Hello Mingeon Kim,

I did state UC Software 4.0.11 instead and you MUST contact whoever set this up for you or provides this service for you.

We are unable to help you as somewhere on your FRSIP an "old" Firmware is stored. 

We, Polycom, do not know this type of Switch and therefore are unable to help you.

NEXT ACTION: Please contact whoever setup this for you and work with them.

Also please post your whole MAC address !

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.