Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I recently moved to a new company.  They gave me a Polycom 550 to use at my home office.  I am still bulding my home office so my phone is in one room and my PC work area is in another.  Is there anything I can do to be able to dial and see who is calling from the other room?  I have a wireless headset.  Is there any typ of display dial extended?  Or since thge Polycom is connected to my network can I have the Polycom display on my PC?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If your company is using Lync, then you could use the BToE connector, however this is only available for VVX devices, not the 550 since they are considered a legacy device.

In the case of the 550, you'd probably have to build something that ran on your PC, and it would make the API calls to query the phone state/make calls etc, or use actuin URLs to have the phone notify your PC of it ringing etc, as detailed in this document:

http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/guides/spip-ssip-vvx-developers-qrg-enus...

However some of that functionality may only be available on the VVX, not the SPIP series.

My suggestion would be that you get a softphone for your PC to use in the short term until you can install your phone near your PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.