Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have 2 extentions: 1000, 1001 assigned to two different phones

I have a shared call appearence on both extentions.

I have mirrored lines 5 times, so that way the main extension will appear 5 times, then the off extension will appear once.

Can I make phone 2 have the same order that phone 1 has for the line keys, so they are both identical?

On phone 1:

On Phone 2:

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello comptech520,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if I understand your question.

Are you asking if the Polycom phone 2 can be programmed with the same line keys in the exact same order as Polycom phone 1?

From a Polycom point of view the Phone does not care what lines it has programmed and it fully depends on your SIP server if it allows multiple registrations from separate phones.

If above does not answer your question please explain in more detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

I am asking if phone 2 can be programmed with the same line keys as phone 1.

When I goto Utilities > Line Key Configuration and in the Active Lines box, I highlight a line and click the arrow to move it down, I get this error: Re-ordering of 'Registered lines' is not allowed.

My SIP carrier allows multiple registrations per phone.

HP Recommended

Hello comptech520,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Without knowing more details I can only ask if you followed above link and activated lineKey.reassignment.enabled ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is there a way to access the cfg file without contacting my SIC Carrier? Can I download it from the phone and upload it back?

HP Recommended

Hello comptech520,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Last question!

Where do I get the features.cgf file from?

HP Recommended

Hello comptech520,

as this has been asked in the past and to prevent further follow up questions I have created a new FAQ post here:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to check with your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

When I download the file from my phone, where do I paste the lineKey.reassignment.enabled code? or even lineKey hive?

Which file do I paste that into, then import it back to my phone.

HP Recommended

Hello comptech520,

I have made some final adjustments to the latest FAQ post so please follow up reading this.

If you still require further end user support please contact your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.