My company uses the Polycom SoundPoint 650 and we are looking at whether we can hook it up directly with a VoIP service called Gradwell. They told us the following:
"You can connect direct to our account with SIP registration. As long as the poly coms can have the details amended to SIP extension and password for our service."
I am trying to figure out whether the Polycom 650 can do what they are asking. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with the 650? I tried looking at the user guide but didn't see anything about setting an SIP extension or password.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Configuration on the Polycom® Phone Menu:
• Press the Menu Button
• Choose (3) Settings
• Choose (2) Advanced
• Password is 456
• Choose (1) Admin Settings
• Choose (2) SIP Configuration
• Select Server and add the IP Address or FQDN of the SIP Provider
Confirm this selection and scroll down to Line1:
• Enter a Display Name
• Add the SIP Extension/Username as the Address
• Add the SIP Extension/Username as the Auth User ID
• Add the Password
• Optional add a Label that will be displayed next to the Line Key
• Press exit until the Prompt comes to save the Settings and the Phone will reboot after this
Configuration via the Polycom® Phone Web interface:
Browse to the Phones Web Server
· Add the SIP Extension/Username as the Address
· Add SIP Extension/Username as the Auth User ID
· Add the Auth Password
Sip Server Settings:
Just add the IP Address or FQDN of the SIP Provider in the Server 1 Selection
Please also check out QT 44011 from the Quick Tip section of our website. This has instructions for a basic SIP registration, configured from the phone's web interface. As per their knowledgebase, Gradwell should have provided pertinent SIP account information in your welcome email; this will be needed to complete the registration. This article on Gradwell's knowledgebase discusses settings for the IP 320; similar steps can be applied to other Polycom IP phones.