Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

First post here. I've searched all over Google and finallly decided to post my message here to see if I could get some assistance. I just bought a Polycom 650 phone with expansion module. Everything seems fine when I try to get it to work with my asterisk PBX, except I'd like to be able to have the BLF and Buddy List feature working. Everywhere I've seen, people recommend having the "feature" setting pushed as part of the "sip.cnf" file. However, I don't see the 650 asking for that file from my ftp server. I'm assuming it looks for the setting elsewhere? 

I'm using the latest bootloader as well. If anyone could point to me where I could have the property enabled, it'd be great!

Thanks,

-- A 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Update: read the 4.0.1 admin guide, and noted this:

"This feature is available on SoundPoint IP 450, 550, 560, 600, 601, 650, and 670 phones, and VVX
phones running UC Software versions prior to 3.1.0. Other phone models may be monitored, but
cannot be configured to monitor other phones."

So, am I reading that correctly that BLF is not supported in UCS 4.0.x for Polycom 650?

HP Recommended

Hello ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I have the same exact problem. I noticed that you did not answer the question whether the BLF is supported in version 4.XX or not. Your whole knowledgebase has only one relevant article to BLF, and the article you refer to with your link in this message, is a copy of this article.

We have been trying to get an extension to work for a few weeks and could not find any solution. is there any documentation other than this single brief article regarding BLF and it's competability???

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Gulli,

the previous poster quoted a part of the UCS Admin Guide that is a bit misleading as I am quite sure it should not mean "prior to".

I will take this up with our documentation team.

Any feature that is removed from a current software release will be mentioned in the Software Release notes.

BLF is working in UCS 4.0.x (or newer), UCS 3.3.x, SIP 3.2.x, SIP 3.1.x and SIP 3.0.x. Older SIP 2.x.x Versions may support it but I did not check any further.

The link posted by myself to the FAQ entry describes how to add BLF functionality in conjunction with an Digium Asterisk system and has been tested by myself on numerous occasions.

Other SIP Platforms also support this and the community or the Internet is full of articles describing this.

If you struggle getting this to work you may want to contact your Polycom Reseller and work with our support team to assist you.

Other community members are more than welcome to post here and help you in addition.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.