Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have 2 650s giving the error "files missing. config. reverted" when booting.

They are remote, so I don't know what version of the firmware is on them, but it's recent, because they are using the split firmware. (2345-12600-001.sip_uc.ld)

I logged one booting, 4 files it tries to download are missing from our server, returning 404s to the phone:

$mac-directory.xml

$mac-web.cfg

000000000000-license.cfg

$mac-license.cfg

I would have thought the above files would be optional, and the phone would boot and run without them, but they do not.

Our server generates the config files dynamically, so I need to know which of these files is necessary for the phone to operate, so I can have our server modified to generate the file.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Squigley,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The communitys VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 18, 2013 QuestionWhat does the message "Missing files, config reverted" mean ?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

I knew what it means, and had found that post previously, and the reference in the admin guide, that there were actually files referred to that weren't available, but I wanted to know which of the files that was missing was actually required, since they seem to me like they should be optional, and not required for the phone to function.

We hadn't specifically specified any files that were missing, the phone's firmware was requesting those files by default.

In the end, it turns out that the phone had the wrong credentials entered, there was a character in the wrong case in either the username or password (I'm not sure which yet), so strangely it was able to download the majority of required files, but not upload any (including the boot log), which may have helped to have identified the cause of the issue.

I'm continuing to investigate how the phone could authenticate with the wrong credentials, but that issue will be related to our specific environment, due to our provisioning server using a java application to dynamically generate and serve configuration files.

Thanks for your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.