Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello -

I've searched the forum and haven't found any resolutions.  Thanks for your help on this.

Phone Model SoundStation IP 7000
Part Number 3111-40000-001 Rev. 1
SIP Software Version 3.3.3.0069

BootROM Software Version 4.3.1.0887

Outbound calls from the Polycom fail at 1 minute every try.  Inbound calls to the Polycom have no issues.  Checked router settings, firewall settings,  PBX settings... Class Of Options, SIP Device Capabilities, etc and all look ok.  Plus, I can't find any setting that even has 60 seconds.  If I call outbound and put the call on hold for 23 seconds (for example)...The call will go past the 1 minute mark but will then drop at 1 minute and 23 seconds.  Are their any known solutions for this?

Thanks again,

Bobby

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Bobby,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You can utilze the above to try and troubleshoot this issue as this is 100% caused in your network as the phone would not drop the call on its own.

You may also want to consider upgrading the phone to UC Software 4.0.8 as explained here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Steffen -

Thanks for the reply. I read the document about updating and it doesn't really seem to include my 7000. Is it possible to update through the Web Interface with my device or is my only option an FTP server?

Bobby
HP Recommended

Hello Bobby,

the FAQ post covers all phones depending on the current software they are running.

Any phone not running UC Software 4.0.0 or later cannot be upgraded via the web interface and need either a TFTP/FTP or HTTP server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen -

I went through and updated everything but still have the issue.  Are you 100% sure I can rule out the Polycom?  If so, that's great.  I will continue to look over the FAQ.  Thanks for your help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.