Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When the unit is plugged into my colleagues PC the lights come on and reflect their presence.  When it is plugged into any of mine the lights do not come on.  There doesn't appear to be any difference in software - we both use the same corporate setup of OCS.

The only difference I can see is that he was in Seattle and I am in the UK (diff regional settings on PC).

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello DavidJ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The whole functionality of the CX200 depends on the Microsoft Client installed on the PC.

Did you check the exact same unit in your colleagues machine and did you check if you have the same Client Version installed on the PC?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

David,

This is typically an indication that the OCS or Lync user that is signed into the client is not Enterprise Voice enabled.

It is a requirement that the OCS/Lync user account's Telephony Mode parameter be set to Enterprise Voice when USB-tethering to any of the CX family of phones (the only exception being the CX100).  The user does not actually require PSTN telephony access or a populated Line URI but at minimum the Telephony Mode setting configured; a user set to PC-to-PC Calling will not work with the device.

In this scenario the device will still operate as an external USB speaker but the presence icon will not illuminate and the device is in an unsupported configuration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.