Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I am seeking some assistance with an annoying issue that I have with my Polycom USB handsets.

When I am on a call and another phone call is coming through, the phone will ring over the top of my current phone call in my ear. The person at the end cannot hear the ringing but as you can imagine, this is a pain when you having a conversation and the phone is ringing in your ear.

As anyone else experienced this? Any remedies for this particular issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello aaron,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CX300 ( I have edited your original post) is just a USB device depending on the LYNC / OCS Client.

All the software and the relevant settings need to be changed within the LYNC client.

Usually to deactivate the second call do the following:

Within the LYNC Client go to  Tools, Options, Ringtones and Sounds, Sound Settings and then find Second Incoming Call.

If you have any follow up querie please contact Microsoft as they are supporting the LYNC client.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Aaron

Is your issue still outstanding?  If so have you tried the following?

• Access Lync options by clicking Tools followed by Options
  • Select Ringtones and Sounds on the left-hand side
  • Click on the check box next to "Keep sounds to a minimum when my status is set to Busy" so it becomes ticked
  • Click OK

Your Lync status is effectively Busy while you're in a call, therefore by enabling the above check box you should avoid having the phone ringing in your ear while you're already on a call.  You will still receive pop-up notifications on your screen regarding incoming calls, and therefore still have the option to answer a call if needed.

I hope this helps?

Kind regards

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.