Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have had an ongoing issue with these handsets in which a user gets no dial tone when using the handset, but does when using speakerphone. User can't answer an incoming call with the handset, only speakerphone or headset. Is there anything that can be done besides just RMA'ing the phones? We have sent back close to 100+ phones with this problem and wanted to know if there is a fix other than replacing the phone. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Edward,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The only way to fix this issue is an RMA as it cannot be addressed in the field.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Edward,

The only way to fix this issue is an RMA as it cannot be addressed in the field.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, I'm buying CX600 phones off of Ebay. I can return them to the seller no problem. However, if this is a known error and it's basically a manufacturing defect, can I return directly to Polycom to fix or replace? Please advise. I have more on the way and some already installed. From what I'm reading on the i/net I'm expecting more failures.

HP Recommended

Hello GTuccio,

as I am no legal expert I am unable to provide a correct answer.

I would assume any binding contract would be between the person who originally purchased a unit and their Polycom reseller / Polycom directly.

Please liaise this with the person who sells you the units or contact Polycom directly as advised in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen, I thought I was contacting Polycom "directly" in this forum. I guess I misunderstood. How best should I contact them directly? Is there a phone number? email address? In your opinion HOW exactly should I contact them?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello GTuccio,

this is the official Polycom community but it is not a replacement for our Support infrastructure.

Everything is outlined in my signature.

We Polycom employees do answer questions asked but these are not automatically escalated or raised with the internal teams.

If you purchase a second hand item from any platform you are having a contract between you and the seller.

As explained above, to my knowledge, only the person / company who originally purchased the item from a Polycom reseller / Polycom directly can contact Polycom in any warranty / out of warranty issues.

Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

So, because there was no real response from the Polycom folks on this "community" regarding the failed handset issue I purchased another, new, CX600 from Ebay (for $75 by the way, in the original box), plugged it in and it worked. No problem.

Polycom folks, admit you have a problem with the handset switchhook and replace your broken phones. Stop wasting everybody's time. I'm finished wasting my time on this site where the only answers you get are corporate speak and no real solutions. My time is more valuable than that.

HP Recommended

I have 10, yes 10 handsets that have failed out of warranty. There is clearly a manufacturing issue that Polycom need to address.

HP Recommended

Hello Davjhmcr,

As already outlined in this and other post's please raise this with our support team.

If this is a known issue we will deal with this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

It is not actually a handset issue, it is a hook switch issue.  If you hold the hook switch down halfway, you will get the dialtone.  They have been aware of the issue for years but are not taking steps to fix it.  The only thing you can do is RMA the phone.

Polycom does not give any answers here in this forum, All they are here for is to tell you to contact their tech support as you can see from EVERY post made by them.  The only answers you might get here are from the rest of us end users.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.