Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Communicator C100S - answer button and green LED not working

SOLVED
GRS
Visitor

Polycom Communicator C100S - answer button and green LED not working

I have a Polycom Communicator C100S installed to a Windows 7 laptop with Communicator s/w version 3.0.0.29.

The answer/end button doesn't work (so I have to answer with the usual skype interface) and the green LED doesn't come on when a call is active.  Interestingly though when I run the Communicator Diagnostics the button and green LED do work! 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Communicator C100S - answer button and green LED not working

Hello GRS,

this is been confirmed internally when at least running the 5.5 App of Skype,

Using the Check for Updates does not come back with a new app but manually installing the 5.6 Update from => here <= fixes the issue.

Please report this to Skype for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello GRS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would advise you to contact your reseller and/or Polycom Support and raise this as an Issue.

Please provide details on your Operating System (32Bit/64Bit, Service Pack, LYNC Client installed?, Administrator Rights etc)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello GRS,

this is been confirmed internally when at least running the 5.5 App of Skype,

Using the Check for Updates does not come back with a new app but manually installing the 5.6 Update from => here <= fixes the issue.

Please report this to Skype for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
GRS
Visitor

The manual install of 5.6 worked !!  Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
mjoanis
Occasional Visitor

Running Skype 6.2.0 and Communicator 3.0 and cannot get the green lights to turn on. Red Mute Light works however. Laptop running Windows 7 32 bit.

It would appear that W7 cannot find  the communicator software. Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello mjoanis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The C100S Software for Windows 7 and other OS Versions can be found => here <=

Please test the functionality of the C100S itself via that Software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6