Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a polycom communicator c100s, model 2201.   Almost every conversation a loud static noise comes from the device every few seconds.   I am running Windows 7 and have the device plugged in via USB.  Any help to debug this woudl be great.   Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello bosbulli,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Has the C100S always done this from the beginning or has this only recently started?

Have you tried the C100S on another PC yet?

Does the C100S make this noise all the time or only when using it with Skype?

Have you tried to play back some normal Audio using it as a Speaker only?

What Software Version are you using on Windows 7?

You can find the latest Drivers => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello nzdude,

the Software Drivers for the C100S are developed by Polycom and any issues with a C100S should be reported to the reseller who sold the Unit.

The C100S may look similar to the CX100 mentioned in the linked post below but the drivers / software are different and therefore possibly not really comparable.

Unfortunately the original Poster never replied so we will not know.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same issue with several EliteBook 8440p running Windows XP. However We have found that some Windows XP and Windows 7 configurations on the same model work fine.

We have reinstalled the audio drivers but no go.

You get a terrible noise when you try to use with skype.

If you use the laptop speakers and the polycom it works fine, but if you use the speakers and mic of the polycom you get that terrible noise. It might be the mixer but after double checking the drivers installed in another laptop (same model) running Windows XP but where Polycom works fine, I can't find any difference.

Anything we can check?

Miguel

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem as Miguel...

This is using a HP Probook 6550b running Win XP Pro.

(Communicator driver for Win XP - plcm_communicator_v2_1_0_0)

I have tried to update sound drivers, chipset driver, BIOS update and so on...

Does still not work..

Using either the speaker or microphone on the laptop, together with the Communicator (using microphone or speaker), everything works OK. But using ONLY the Communicator, there is a lot of noise from the speaker...

Fx. doing the test in Skype.. Testing the speaker, all ok. But if I switch to the microphone tab in the test, while the speaker is playing the test sound, the speaker scratces and makes noise..

Using Windows build-in audio test also makes this noise during test.

What is the problem here????

Note: I have tested with 2 other laptops running Win 7 pro, no problem...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.