Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Can anyone tell me if I can use a ip 5000 or ip 6000 config file template on the duo. I have compared the 5000 and 6000 templates and there is no difference. We use a third party provisioning server for our customers and they have the 5000 and 6000 templates already in place but no duo so in the past I have just manually configured the phones but it would be nice if I could use one of the other templates on the duo so that I can just auto provision the phone.

The 5000 and 6000 version is 4.0.4

The duo version is 4.0.4  /   bootblock 3.4.4.0001   /   updater 5.4.4.0003 is what I read on the phone

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello

In theory that is possible but the Duo has some language specific settings for the PSTN part

The easiest way would be to manually setup the Duo and then just backup the configuration of a 5000 or 6000 and compare with the Duo backup to add the difference for a new template

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The Duo having that specific language for the PSTN side was the reason I was asking the question and didn't want to hose the phone up. I ran out of time on that day and needed to mail the phone out to the customer so I just manually set it up. I will however try your idea on the next one that I setup and will post my findings as to the difference. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.