Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom DUO Template

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom DUO Template

Can anyone tell me if I can use a ip 5000 or ip 6000 config file template on the duo. I have compared the 5000 and 6000 templates and there is no difference. We use a third party provisioning server for our customers and they have the 5000 and 6000 templates already in place but no duo so in the past I have just manually configured the phones but it would be nice if I could use one of the other templates on the duo so that I can just auto provision the phone.

The 5000 and 6000 version is 4.0.4

The duo version is 4.0.4  /   bootblock 3.4.4.0001   /   updater 5.4.4.0003 is what I read on the phone

Regards,
Jason Ware
Resource 1 Telecom
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom DUO Template

Hello

In theory that is possible but the Duo has some language specific settings for the PSTN part

The easiest way would be to manually setup the Duo and then just backup the configuration of a 5000 or 6000 and compare with the Duo backup to add the difference for a new template

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Polycom DUO Template

The Duo having that specific language for the PSTN side was the reason I was asking the question and didn't want to hose the phone up. I ran out of time on that day and needed to mail the phone out to the customer so I just manually set it up. I will however try your idea on the next one that I setup and will post my findings as to the difference. Thanks

Regards,
Jason Ware
Resource 1 Telecom
Message 3 of 3