Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Community i have a problem with an IP 7000 soundstation to which I connect a Polycom HDX External Unit Microphone (2201-09750-002) but they don´t turn on and don´t work

Do you know if this model external microphones is compatible with this model of soundstation IP 7000 and if they work only with the PoE of the Switch or need an additional power injector to work?

Someone who can help me in advance thank you for your kind answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ACG001 

searching Google for the part numbers in the linked FAQ post show two Microphones connected to a SSIP7000

You do not need an additional HDX.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @ACG001 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Our VoIP FAQ holds this post here:

Jun 23, 2012 Question: What expansion Microphones can I use?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Usually, HDX or GroupSeries Microphones should work using the CLink cable. PoE as a Power supply or a local power adapter is sufficient.

Not knowing anything about the history of the device and/or the microphones makes it difficult to comment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Ok so for this kind of microphones you need an HDX and Soundstation IP7000 or this microphones can work only with sonudstation IP 7000 without HDX system?
HP Recommended

Hello @ACG001 

searching Google for the part numbers in the linked FAQ post show two Microphones connected to a SSIP7000

You do not need an additional HDX.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I have added two external microphones but neither of them work.

Is there some config in the menu that needs to be completed on the IP 7000 please?

HP Recommended

Hi.

I purchased two external microphones (2200-40040-011) to plug into the base of our ip 7000 unit.

I plugged them in but they do not work.

Is there any config required on the IP 7000 base unit

The IP 700 has 240v as a power source

Thanks

Kevin

HP Recommended

Hello @Kevin_R ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We know nothing about the SSIP7000:

• Is this a brand new or an old unit?
  • Are the Microphones new or used?
  • Where are the cables from?
  • Did you plug these in the right way around as brute force can also get them in the wrong way?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thank you for your quick response

That should have been IP 7000 (about 2 years old)

The cables for the external microphones pushed in without effort, so are connected the right way round

These are brand new Polycom external microphones (2200-40040-001)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.